The AlterG is a pressurised “anti-gravity” chamber that counteracts gravitational forces, gently adjusting body weight from 100% down to as low as 20%. This uniform lifting force reduces impact, pain, and effort for the user. All while supporting normal gait and balance – and encouraging full, free range of motion and natural movement.
What are the benefits of the AlterG?
If you are recovering from injury or surgery and looking to regain mobility, develop strength and fitness, increase range of motion and natural movement the AlterG is perfect for you!
- Sports performance:
- Limit downtime by enabling training through injuries and return to sport in better condition
- Begin post-surgery recovery sooner
- Increase training volume while minimising stress-related injury
- Utilise objective data to measure progress and increase motivation
- Chronic conditions and active aging:
- Reduce the barrier to exercise for first-timers, weight bearing, or otherwise impaired users
- Initiate gradual training programs at rates that set patients up for continued and increasing fitness achievement
- Increase exercise volume while minimising stress-related workload on muscles and joints.
- Empower patients to move pain-free again
- Begin weight-bearing exercise sooner while protecting sensitive healing tissues
- Encourage range of motion, shown to improve outcomes
- Support unimpeded, normalised walking mechanics
- Reduce gravitational forces to help maintain – or regain – a healthy conditioning.
- Support motor learning in a fall-safe environment
- Enable functional activity and task-specific training
- Provide support in a controlled setting for static and dynamic standing practice to work on balance, control and strength
All new patients are required to be assessed by a Physiotherapist prior to using the AlterG machine.
Please contact the clinic if you would like any more information on the AlterG machine or pricing options.