Dance Physiotherapy requires a unique understanding of the demands of dance and the different requirements of each style of dance! Treatment of dance injuries can be complex and rehabilitation needs to be specific to not only the individual but the style of dance being performed. Injuries that are not treated or rehabilitated properly have a high chance of affecting a dancers ability to perform at their best.
Our Dance Physiotherapists provide:
- Accurate and concise diagnosis of dance related injuries
- Individualised rehabilitation plans with a return to dance focus
- Regular communication with dance schools to provide seamless progression from injury to performance
- Pre-Pointe Assessments
Going up en pointe is a rite of passage for any young dancer and while this time is extremely exciting it also must be understood that this is not a normal function of the human body especially the foot!
Having a pre-pointe assessment allows any deficiencies in control, strength and mobility to be identified and addressed so that young dancers are able to progress through without any risks or serious injury. Biomechanical assessment of the how the body moves as a whole is critical when starting en pointe!
What Is Involved:
- Assessment of foot flexibility/ control, core control, turnout range/ strength and general flexibility
- Written report that summarises what was found in the assessment that is communicated with teachers and coaches
- Individualised program of exercises to help improve key areas
A great way to prevent injury and improve performance! You’ll be doing those fouettés in no time!!
If you would like to book an appointment, Click Here, or call either of our clinics
Narrabeen – 02 9913 2632
Newport – 02 9979 5291