We value the health and wellbeing of our community at PhysioWard. We also appreciate time – both yours and ours. This cancellation policy was created out of respects for the time of our clients and our physiotherapists to allow our practice to efficiently help more people achieve their physical goals.
We understand that sometimes patients need to cancel an appointment. We simply ask that you notify us as soon as possible and no less than 24 hours before your scheduled appointment.
If you cancel or re-book your appointment with:
- more than 24 hours’ notice, there is no charge to you. However, a few days’ notice would be great so that we can fill your spot.
- less than 24 hours’ notice, you will be charged 50% of the consult fee and reflects the cost of an unfilled appointment – except in the case of emergency, illness or Covid symptoms.
PhysioWard may waive this fee in extenuating circumstances.
Our cancellation policy supports and respects the time commitment of our clients and our physiotherapists, and is intended to make our expectations clear. We hope you understand.
If you have any questions please call Narrabeen on 9913 2632 or Newport on 9979 5291 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions
- If a patient is to cancel within 24 hours of their scheduled appointment, PhysioWard reserves the right to charge the patient 50% of the appointment cost.
- We reserve the right to request pre-payment on arrival or before an appointment for those who are frequently absent/repeatedly late to cancel.
- In extreme cases, continued dismissal of our attendance policy may result in a client being unable to make future appointments at PhysioWard. We hope to avoid this as much as possible, but it is our opinion that a client-physio relationship must demonstrate mutual respect.
- In most cases, Workcover insurance companies, as well as TAC, Medicare, and other third parties will not pay for Late Cancellation fees, so it is up to the client to manage the charge themselves.
- Exceptions may be made for immediate emergencies only, (eg. medical emergencies, car breaking down on the way), at the clinic’s discretion. This does not include last minute work commitments, family commitments, change of plans, forgetfulness, etc.
- Please do not rely on SMS reminders – they are a complimentary service and are not foolproof. We consider it your responsibility alone to remember your appointment. (Please feel free to ask for an appointment card with the time and date, at reception.)