Is your child super sporty and had a recent growth spurt? It would be good to keep an eye out for any comments they have regarding pain, stiffness or tightness as this could be a condition that needs to be managed appropriately.
Common injuries we have seen in the clinics recently include:
- Osgood-Schlatter Disease (Anterior Knee Pain)
- Sever’s Disease (Heel Pain)
- Lower Back Pain
In these cases it is important that
- Patients deload or moditify activities
- Use recovery modalities pre and post exercise such as stretching or rolling (consult with physiotherapist to see if this is the right thing to do with their condition)
- Come in to see us to address any dysfunctional movements.
Book an appointment to see a Physiotherapist today – www.physioward.com.au/book-now/ or by calling Narrabeen Clinic (02) 9913 2632 or Newport Clinic (02) 9979 5291